Namaste All. Announcing Balagokulam Varshikotsav (Annual Day) 2016.
Continuing with our tradition since past 3 years, this year as well we are planning to conduct our Varshikotsav around Gita Jayanthi. This year Gita Jayanti falls on 10th December, so we have decided to conduct it across various locations from Nov 27th through Dec 18th.
Also, this year, it has been decided to take Varshikotsavs more local rather than at zone levels to ensure maximum participation across BGs and enable more oppurtunities for BG participation in various events.
|Cluster||Varshikotsav Date||Event Venue|
|Nallagandla||27-Nov-16||Epistemo Global schoool|
|Chandanagar||4-Dec-16||Vidya Bharati School, BHEL|
|Hitech city & Srinagar Colony||4-Dec-16||Sree Venkateshwara College of Architechture|
|Miyapur||11-Dec-16||Vikas, The Concept School|
|Dilsukhnagar||11-Dec-16||G Pullareddy School|
|Suchitra||18-Dec-16||Pearson School Kompally|
|Kondapur||18-Dec-16||Maharshi Vidya Mandir|
|3:00 pm - 4:30 pm||Games & Demonstration practice|
|4:45 pm - 5:00 pm||Sampata / Line up|
|5:00 pm - 5:30 pm||Gita Chanting, Demonstrations|
|5:30 pm - 6:00 pm||Aarshivachans / Talks|
|6:00 pm - 6:15 pm||Gita Certificates Distribution|
|6:15 pm - 7:00 pm||Special Activity / Cultural Event Prep|
|7:00 pm - 8:00 pm||Cultural Events|
|8:00 pm - 8:15 pm||Soochanas, Vote of Thanks|
|8:15 pm||Shanti Mantra|
(Each cluster event may have minor changes to above schedule per their plans)
Online Registration (free)
Please find the Online Registration Form for BG Varshikotsav 2016 - http://swalp.in/BGV16Registration
Apart from helping for logistics, please note that Gita Chanting Certificate of Appreciation and Cultural event Certificate of Participation will be prepared only based on the online registration details. So to avoid delays in receiving certificate, please ensure that registration is complete for all children well on time before the event.
Resources / Audio Files
All resources related to Varshikotsav 2016 are available at - http://balagokulam.net/resources under Varshikotsav 2016 folder. It includes PDFs, Audio files, Registration Form etc.
Physical Demonstrations - Practice Videos
- Vyayam Yog
- Surya Namaskar
- 3 rounds with Mantra. Demo video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXTpTRuPiPQ
Contributions / Donations
Contributions for Balagokulam Varshikotsav can be done anytime from now on either by Cash, Cheque or Online Transfer.
Respective Balagokulam shikshak can collect the contributions and pass on the receipts. We will be able to provide 80G receipts for all contributions over Rs 1000.
Cheques are to be issued in the name of "Dr.Hedgewar SataJayanthi Seva Samithi".
Online transfer can be done to the below account -
Dr.Hedgewar SataJayanthi Seva Samithi
Branch - Lingampally Hyd
IFSC Code - SYNB0003014
Theme - Jai Ho Vijay Ho
- There will be bunch of games for all age groups - children, parents and grand parents.
- The whole idea of games is to have lots of fun and focus on physical fitness.
- So request all Shikshaks and Parents to ensure that they communicate to children to participate in games with lots of energy & enthusiasm but not get too competitive about it.
- To avoid unnecessary competitive environment and disappointments, we will just have games in casual format. So unlike last year, we will not have medals for any teams. Instead, we will have Jai Ho Vijay Ho slogan at the end of every game.
Kho Kho Rules
Any number of teams can participate from each Balagokulam.
Teams can participate in any one of the 3 categories below:
- 3rd grade & below, Boys and Girls mix - 7 children per team, 5 minutes each inning.
- 4th grade & above, Boys only team - 9 children per team, 7 minutes each inning.
- 4th grade & above, Girls only team - 9 children per team, 7 minutes each inning.
Register your teams here - http://swalp.in/BGV16KhoKhoForm .
Important Things to note:
- 3rd grade and below children are allowed to participate in elder children team but not vice versa.
- If any Balagokulam has multiple teams but are falling short of required number of children, they can repeat max of 3 children across 2 teams.
- Teams will need to be registered at least 1 week before the respective Varshikotsav Dates @ http://swalp.in/BGV16KhoKhoForm.
- A match will consist of two innings (chasing and running turns). Each inning will be 5 minutes for smaller children games & 7 mins each for elder children game.
- Eight members of the chasing team sit in their eight squares on the central lane, alternately facing the opposite direction while the ninth member is an active chaser, and stands at either of the posts, ready to begin the pursuit. Members of the chasing team have to put their opponent out, touching them with their palms, but without committing a foul.
- A defender will be dismissed in following ways - if he is touched by an active chaser with his palm without committing a foul or if he goes out of the limits on his own.
- Defenders enter the limit, in batches of three. After the third and last defender of batch is out, the next batch must enter the limits, before a 'kho' is given by the successful active chaser.
- Defenders have full freedom of movement on both sides of the central lane, but the active chaser cannot change the direction to which he is committed. He cannot cross the central lane.
- An active chaser can change position with a seated chaser, by touching him from behind by palm, and uttering the word 'kho' loudly, and simultaneously, chase or attack is build up through a series of 'khos' as the chase continues with a relay of chasers.
Following games are also being considered. Please note that this is only indicative list. Each cluster may change it based on logistics like count, space etc.
- 1st Grade & below - Relay Races
- Other children - Dodge Ball
- Mahilas - Mandal Kho & Relay Race
- Purush - Kabbadi, Tug of war and Mandal Kho
- Senior Citizens - Akash Dharti Patal, Number counting.
Bhagavad Gita Chanting
This year our focus is Gita Chapter 2 (54 to 72 shloka).
However, we are encouraging children to learn more by distributing level wise certificates this year.
Certificates will be issued to all children as below -
Level 1 - 21 Shlokas - Chapter 4 (1-21)
Level 2 - 40+ Shlokas (Level 1 shlokas mandatory)
Level 3 - 60+ Shlokas (Level 1 shlokas mandatory)
Level 4 - 100+ Shlokas (Level 1 shlokas mandatory)
Level 5 - 150+ Shlokas (Level 1 shlokas mandatory)
Bhagavad Gita Sanity Check
- Please note that Bhagavad Gita Chanting is not a competition.
- We just want all children to get exposure to Gita and learn it well at this early age.
- To motivate children we are distributing level wise certificates to all children who are preparing for the same.
- And since we are giving certificates to ensure value and sanctity of certificates, we need to do basic sanity check to ensure that children have prepared & deserve the level they are going for.
- Sanity Level Check Process:
- Within last 2 weeks of respective Varshikotsav events, some shikshak from other Balagokulam (likely nearby one) will visit your Balagokulam.
- They will bring chits with Verse number and first line of the verse written for all levels.
- Chits will be packaged into 4 categories - Level 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Each child will be asked to pick 3 chits each per stage based on the level they are going for.
Eg 1 : Child going for Level 1 will first pick 1 chit from level 1 box. He or she will read out first line of the verse written and then complete the verse. This will be repeated for 2 more times. If the child says all 3 verses correctly, the child will be marked qualified for Level 1 certificate.
Eg 2: Child going for Level 3 certificate. The child will pick 3 chits sequentially from Level 1 box, then 3 from Level 2 box and then 3 from Level 3 box. If child says all 9 verses correctly, child will qualify for Level 3 certificate.
- All in all each child will be pick up 3 chits per level. So Level 5 child will be picking up in all 15 chits during the sanity check across all chapters prepared.
- The shikshak doing the sanity check need not be super strict & balance between ensuring that the child is provided enough opportunity and at the same time filter out in case children are not really ready for it. Generally we can let children pick up 1 extra chit in case they make mistake or are not able to recollect for those going for Level 1. For those going with higher levels, we can let them pick max 2 extra chits in case of mistakes.
- If any children are not found to be ready, you can encourage them to cover up well before the varshikotsav for certificate eligibility and retest can be conducted some time later by Shikshak of local balagokulam itself.
- For children below 1st grade, if they know first 10 shlokas, we should qualify them for Level 1 certificate.
Things to Note
- Please come with very positive attitude to enjoy the evening.
- First Aid box will be available near the stage in case of any such requirements
- For children participating in the Cultural events, there is special time allocated for Dress up. Please ensure that you stick to that time slot.
- Children are suggested to carry water bottle and little dry snacks with them.
- General Snack items & juices will be available for purchase on the location as well.
- Tiffin items (chat, dosa etc) will be available for purchase later in the evening.
- Keep the premises neat and clean. There will be ample dust bins available every few meters. So please use the same for any trash.
- Avoid too much talking and movement when the events are in progress.
- Let us show utmost respect to all children, parents, volunteers, guests, dignitaries & everyone else at the location.
- While we expect children to put their best efforts in the games, let us take the results in the sporting & positive spirit. Remember at the end of the game/competition all are equal. So cheer just not for your team but for others as well.
- Each Balagokulam should identify a representative to collect Gita chanting participation certificate before leaving
- Please communicate to children to avoid any kind of panic in case of Power Cut, Rain or any other unexpected situation.
- Please communicate to children to stay with their parents throughout the event.
- Since it may get little cool in evening, please have children carry some woollen clothing as required.
- Event is happening in open air auditorium. We are planning to have mosquito repellent sprayed in couple of rounds. However, may be good if parents carry some mosquito repellents themselves as well to be on safer side.
- Finally, Please create positivity around and avoid any negative vibrations (complaints, conflicts etc) on minor issues. Everyone involved in organizing the event are volunteers and are trying their best make the event run as smooth as possible. For any short comings, please feel free to take up leadership to cover the gap or informing required personnel around.